Saturday, May 5, 2007

Vivian Torrence


















I am so sad and sorry to hear of Doug's passing
today. You have all my sympathy for losing such
a wonderful person, partner and pal in your lives.
He is solid in my memory now as one great spirit.

Reflecting on Doug, I see a joyful history of many fun
moments as he spread his good humor around Drake
University in those early days. Doug loosened up the
decorum at Drake after all it was 1970's Des Moines, Iowa.
Thank god for the parties at Doug and Bonnie's. The
Farley's sculpture and ceramics professors and wives
(Drake Dames ?) thought life in Academia was too dull
so dropped out and became the Peola Valley Four.
Enclosed are photos from a trip Randy Long and I took
down to Missouri just two years ago to this day.
May 3-5, 2005. Randy and I are so very grateful we had
time with you to think about old times and make some
new memories too.
Doug's enthusiasm and understanding for art, fun and
life shows with every sparkle of wit and jibe that we all
know. Serious and thoughtful, but most of all fully
engaged in life.