Thursday, May 10, 2007

Dana Hendrickson

My uncle Doug. He told good stories, he inspired,
and his laugh made you laugh. I learned a lot from
Doug and my Dad. There were always adventures
and always projects. During a visit to Peola Valley,
I learned how to drive a truck long before I was of
driving age, not just to drive the truck, but to pull
spruce trees out of the ground with the truck and
a chain. If I wanted to know how to catch fish the
easy way, Doug would probably say, "dynamite".
My dad was cleaning fish with Doug a few summers
ago, and his back was hurting because the cleaning
table was too low, Doug said lets dig a hole. He had
a gift of making you see things from a different angle.
I have always looked up to Doug and have admired
him greatly. So when I married my wife Pam, and
I received a letter about married life from him, I
was thrilled. It held great advise, like if you want
your wife to feel good when she walks in the door,
have some onions frying. It works.
I'm glad I am Doug's nephew, he means a lot to me.
Doug will always be in my mind, sparking creativity
and possibility.
I love you Doug.