Friday, May 11, 2007

John Poole

Doug was the guy who lead me through Drake and
sent me to you. One less Flat Lander. I was really
lucky to have had him as a teacher and a friend.
He not only taught me how to take my thoughts
and start making Art out of them but also took a
rock and roller and taught him how to play Old
Timmy music. He always challenged me to expand
my mind and play with life.
During my Junior year at Drake I had done a lot of
Art that everyone loved and when I presented it I
got so good at Art speak that no student would
challenge me. Doug let me drill holes in his floor, glue
things to his walls, gave me his welding room and
then taught me the most important lesson in life.
He said right in front of the class that I could no longer
talk about my Art. I would only be able to listen to
how people responded to the Art.
Doug was a great spirit and I am so happy that this
man took interest in me, shared his time with me
and prepared me to be an Artist .
I also know by spending lots of time with Doug and
Bonnie that she was the force behind him and let
him play with his great idea's and his down to earth
personally.
Doug could light up any space he was in because
he was not only smart, Doug was fun and taught.